Alcohol is a chemical compound found in drinks such as beer and wine, which produces a feeling of relaxation or intoxication when consumed. It can also be used as fuel or an antiseptic.
Table Of Content:
- Ethyl Alcohol | Definition of Ethyl Alcohol by Merriam-Webster
- Alcoholic Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Alcohol | Definition of Alcohol by Merriam-Webster
- Butyl alcohol definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Definition of Denatured Alcohol by Merriam-Webster
- Alcoholic definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- ALCOHOL | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- isopropyl alcohol - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
- ALCOHOL ABUSE English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- Alcohol | Spanish to English Translation - SpanishDict
1. Ethyl Alcohol | Definition of Ethyl Alcohol by Merriam-Webster
Ethyl alcohol definition is - a colorless, volatile, flammable liquid C2H5OH that is the ... 2021 This gel hand sanitizer is made with 70% ethyl alcohol (ethanol) — which is one of three ... Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, ... ENGLISH - ARABIC TRANSLATION · NGLISH - SPANISH-ENGLISH TRANSLATION.
2. Alcoholic Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
a person with alcoholism or alcohol use disorder; a person addicted to intoxicating drinks: He's a self-described alcoholic.Prescription ...
3. Alcohol | Definition of Alcohol by Merriam-Webster
Alcohol definition is - ethanol especially when considered as the intoxicating agent in fermented and distilled liquors. How to use alcohol in a sentence.
4. Butyl alcohol definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Butyl alcohol definition: any of four isomeric alcohols , C 4 H 9 OH, obtained from petroleum products : used as... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
5. Definition of Denatured Alcohol by Merriam-Webster
Denatured alcohol definition is - ethyl alcohol made unfit for drinking but still ... You must — there are over 200,000 words in our free online dictionary, but you ...
6. Alcoholic definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
An alcoholic is someone who is addicted to alcohol. He admitted that he is an alcoholic. American English: alcoholic /ælkəˈhɔlɪk/; Arabic ...
7. ALCOHOL | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Meaning of alcohol in English ... a clear liquid that can make you drunk, also used as a solvent (= a substance that dissolves another) and in fuel ...
8. isopropyl alcohol - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
isopropyl alcohol - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions.
9. ALCOHOL ABUSE English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of ALCOHOL ABUSE along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
10. Alcohol | Spanish to English Translation - SpanishDict
1. (chemistry). alcohol. a. alcohol. Utilizamos un tipo de alcohol especial para el experimento.We used a special type of alcohol for the experiment. · 2. (ethyl ...
What is alcohol?
Alcohol, commonly referred to as ethanol, is a chemical compound found in drinks such as beer and wine, which produces a feeling of relaxation or intoxication when consumed.
Is alcohol a drug?
Yes, alcohol is classified as a central nervous system depressant drug, meaning that it slows down the body's systems and functions.
What are the effects of drinking alcohol?
The effects of drinking alcohol vary from person to person depending on body size and weight. Generally, drinking can cause changes in behavior, decrease alertness and coordination, impair memory and judgement and increase risk of injury or death if consumed in large amounts.
What are the long-term effects of drinking alcohol?
Long-term abuse of alcohol can lead to physical dependence and addiction. It can also cause organ damage such as liver cirrhosis, anemia or pancreatitis. In some cases it may even lead to cancer.
Can you overdose on alcohol?
Yes, an excess consumption of alcohol could result in poisoning or death due to respiratory depression.
Alcohol consumption should always be done responsibly and should never be taken lightly due to its potential adverse health effects. Never drink while operating machinery or driving vehicles - instead designate a sober driver before consuming any alcoholic beverages.