Air cover is the protection from aerial attack provided by military aircraft. It can either be provided in an offensive manner, aiming to destroy enemy targets or intercept enemy planes, or in a defensive manner, providing a protective shield for friendly forces and civilians.
Table Of Content:
- Air cover Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Air cover definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- What does AIR COVER mean?
- Cover | Definition of Cover by Merriam-Webster
- AIR COVER English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- Aircraft | Definition of Aircraft by Merriam-Webster
- Air Quality Index (AQI) Basics
- Air | Definition of Air by Merriam-Webster
- What does air cover mean? definition, meaning and audio ...
- Air Waybill (AWB) Definition
1. Air cover Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Air cover definition, the use of aircraft to protect ground or naval military operations. ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Examples; British ... They took cover inside a print works to the north east of Paris, where they held a member of staff as a hostage.
2. Air cover definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Air cover definition: the use of aircraft to provide aerial protection for ground forces against enemy air... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
3. What does AIR COVER mean?
Definition of AIR COVER in the Definitions.net dictionary. Meaning of AIR ... How to pronounce AIR COVER? Alex. US English. Daniel. British. Karen. Australian.
4. Cover | Definition of Cover by Merriam-Webster
a blanket or sheet on a bed. : the outer part of a book or magazine. See the full definition for cover in the English Language Learners Dictionary. cover. verb.
5. AIR COVER English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of AIR COVER along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
6. Aircraft | Definition of Aircraft by Merriam-Webster
Jul 30, 2021 ... Aircraft definition is - a vehicle (such as an airplane or balloon) for traveling ... Dictionary Entries Near aircraft. air cover. aircraft. aircraft carrier ... See the full definition for aircraft in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
7. Air Quality Index (AQI) Basics
The higher the AQI value, the greater the level of air pollution and the greater the health concern. ... What is the U.S. Air Quality Index (AQI)?. The U.S. AQI is ...
8. Air | Definition of Air by Merriam-Webster
Air definition is - the mixture of invisible odorless tasteless gases (such as nitrogen ... See the full definition for air in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
9. What does air cover mean? definition, meaning and audio ...
Definition of air cover in the AudioEnglish.org Dictionary. Meaning of air cover. What does air cover mean? Proper usage and audio pronunciation (plus IPA ...
10. Air Waybill (AWB) Definition
An air waybill (AWB) is a document that accompanies goods shipped by an ... of Arts and his Doctor of Philosophy in English literature at New York University. ... but an AWB is issued in non-negotiable form, meaning there's less protection with ... is a contract just for transportation and does not cover the merchandise value.
What is air cover?
Air cover is the protection provided by military aircraft from aerial attack.
What are the two main types of air cover?
The two main types of air cover are offensive air cover which aims to destroy enemy targets or intercept enemy planes, and defensive air cover which provides a protective shield for friendly forces and civilians.
How does air cover help protect friendly forces and civilians?
Defensive air cover provides a protective shield for friendly forces and civilians by providing protection against aerial attacks.
Air Cover is an essential part of modern warfare as it allows for the safe operation of both military units and civilian populations within areas that experience hostilities. Air Cover ensures that those who should not be exposed to combat are not unnecessarily put in danger while also allowing those who are on active duty to conduct operations safely and effectively.