Surfeit is an English word which means excess or overabundance in quantity or extent. It is commonly used to describe a situation when something has been provided in beyond the level needed.
Table Of Content:
- 19 Synonyms & Antonyms for AFFIRMATIVE | Thesaurus.com
- Affirmative Synonyms, Affirmative Antonyms | Merriam-Webster ...
- Affirmative Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Affirmative | Definition of Affirmative by Merriam-Webster
- IN THE AFFIRMATIVE (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
- AFFIRMATIVE | Synonyms of AFFIRMATIVE by Oxford Dictionary on ...
- Affirmative Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
- AFFIRMATIVE (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
- Affirmative Synonyms | Collins English Thesaurus
- AFFIRMATIVE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
1. 19 Synonyms & Antonyms for AFFIRMATIVE | Thesaurus.com
Find 19 ways to say AFFIRMATIVE, along with antonyms, related words, and ... See definition of affirmative on Dictionary.com ... synonyms for affirmative.
2. Affirmative Synonyms, Affirmative Antonyms | Merriam-Webster ...
2 synonyms of affirmative from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 11 related words, ... Britannica English: Translation of affirmative for Arabic Speakers ...
3. Affirmative Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Affirmative definition, affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of ... See synonyms for: affirmative / affirmatives / affirmatively on Thesaurus.com ... + -īvus-ive; replacing late Middle English affirmatyff
4. Affirmative | Definition of Affirmative by Merriam-Webster
Jul 31, 2021 ... with an affirmative reply : with a reply that means "yes" He answered in the affirmative. Other Words from affirmative Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences ... English Language Learners Definition of affirmative.
5. IN THE AFFIRMATIVE (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
Definition and synonyms of in the affirmative from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English definition of in the affirmative ...
6. AFFIRMATIVE | Synonyms of AFFIRMATIVE by Oxford Dictionary on ...
What is the definition of AFFIRMATIVE? What is the meaning of AFFIRMATIVE? How do you use AFFIRMATIVE in a sentence? What are synonyms for ...
7. Affirmative Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
Find all the synonyms and alternative words for affirmative at Synonyms.com, the ... free online thesaurus, antonyms, definitions and translations resource on the web. ... How to pronounce affirmative? Alex. US English. Daniel. British. Karen.
8. AFFIRMATIVE (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
Definition and synonyms of affirmative from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English definition of affirmative.
9. Affirmative Synonyms | Collins English Thesaurus
Explore 'affirmative' in the dictionary. (adjective) in the sense of agreeing. Definition. indicating agreement. He was eager for an affirmative answer. Synonyms.
10. AFFIRMATIVE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... affirmative definition: 1. relating to a statement that shows agreement or says "yes ": 2. a word or statement that shows…. Learn more.
What does "surfeit" mean?
The word “surfeit” means excess or overabundance in quantity or extent.
How can the word "surfeit" be used in a sentence?
You can use the word surfeit in sentences like, “We had a surfeit of chocolates and could not eat any more.”
What is an example of surfeit?
An example of surfeit would be having too much food so that it cannot all be consumed.
What is the opposite of "surfeit"?
The opposite of surfeit would be lack or scarcity.
In conclusion, surfeiting a situation where something has been provided in beyond the level needed. It can often refer to situations involving food but can also apply to other commodities and resources as well. Lack and scarcity are opposites of this word and can describe situations when there is not enough of something available.