Pavement is an important part of any road network and plays a key role in providing safe access for drivers, pedestrians, and other travelers. In recent years, advancements in pavement technology have made it easier for engineers to design strong and durable pavement structures that can withstand heavy traffic loads and provide superior ride quality. In this article, we will discuss the basic definition of advanced pavement, its characteristics, and how engineers often use it in their designs.
Table Of Content:
- pavement noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
- Pavement definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- PAVEMENT | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Paving definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- PAVEMENT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Paving | Definition of Paving by Merriam-Webster
- PAVING | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Permeable paving - Wikipedia
- PAVING STONE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- pavement | Free On-Line English Dictionary | Thesaurus | Children's ...
1. pavement noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
Definition of pavement noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation ... (North American English sidewalk). a flat part at the side of a ...
2. Pavement definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Pavement definition: A pavement is a path with a hard surface, usually by the side of a road. | Meaning ... COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright ...
3. PAVEMENT | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... pavement meaning: 1. a path with a hard surface on one or both sides of a road, ... Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge. ... ( Definition of pavement from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's ...
4. Paving definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Paving is flat blocks of stone or concrete covering an area. ...concrete paving. COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright ...
5. PAVEMENT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... pavement definition: 1. a path with a hard surface on one or both sides of a road, that people walk on: 2. the surface…. Learn more.
6. Paving | Definition of Paving by Merriam-Webster
See the full definition for paving in the English Language Learners Dictionary ... dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!
7. PAVING | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... paving meaning: 1. a paved area, or material used to pave an area 2. a paved area, ... Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge . ... (Definition of paving from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's ...
8. Permeable paving - Wikipedia
If maintenance is not carried out on a regular basis, the porous pavements can begin to function more like impervious surfaces. With more advanced paving ...
9. PAVING STONE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
paving stone meaning: 1. a flat piece of stone, usually used in groups to cover a path ... Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge. ... Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press) ...
10. pavement | Free On-Line English Dictionary | Thesaurus | Children's ...
Definition of pavement. Free online Dictionary including thesaurus, children's and intermediate dictionary by Wordsmyth.
What is advanced pavement?
Advanced pavement is a type of pavement that consists of several layers with different materials designed to provide greater strength, durability, and better ride quality than standard asphalt or concrete pavements. It often utilizes innovative construction techniques such as high-strength polymers, geosynthetic fabrics, and so on.
How is advanced pavement different from traditional pavements?
The main difference between advanced pavement and traditional asphalt or concrete pavements is the number of layers used in the design process. Advanced pavements are typically composed of multiple layers including a base layer, subbase layer, surface layer(s), and binder layer(s). Additionally, they may also feature specific materials not typically used in traditional pavements such as high-strength polymers or geosynthetic fabrics.
What advantages does advanced pavement offer?
Advanced pavement provides numerous advantages over traditional asphalt or concrete pavements including higher strength capabilities which can support heavier traffic loads; improved water drainage; better resistance to freeze/thaw cycles; better air quality due to less dust generated from friction forces; improved directional stability; shorter construction times; and lower overall costs due to fewer repair requirements.
Advanced pavement technology offers many benefits that make it an attractive option for engineers designing modern roads and highways. Not only does it provide increased strength and durability when compared to traditional asphalt/ concrete pavements, but it can also reduce total cost while improving safety features and riding comfort.