A sentence is one of the basic elements of language. It allows people to communicate thoughts, feelings and ideas in an effective and efficient manner. A sentence is composed of a group of words that express a complete thought and must include at least one subject and one verb.
Table Of Content:
- Advance | Definition of Advance by Merriam-Webster
- Definitions, Translations, Example ... - Collins English Dictionary
- Advancement | Definition of Advancement by Merriam-Webster
- Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings & Definitions
- Advanced | Definition of Advanced by Merriam-Webster
- Advanced Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Definition of Advanced Degree by Merriam-Webster
- Advance Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Definition of Advance Directive by Merriam-Webster
- Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary at Oxford Learner's ...
1. Advance | Definition of Advance by Merriam-Webster
Advance definition is - to accelerate the growth or progress of. How to use advance in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of ... going or placed before others. See the full definition for advance in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. Definitions, Translations, Example ... - Collins English Dictionary
Jul 21, 2021 ... Trusted free online English Dictionary from Collins. ... and up-to-date content for English word reference, with images, example sentences, ...
3. Advancement | Definition of Advancement by Merriam-Webster
Advancement definition is - the action of advancing : the state of being ... Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About advancement ... See the full definition for advancement in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
4. Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings & Definitions
Meanings & definitions of words in English with examples, synonyms, ... pronunciations of words, phrases, and idioms in British and American English from the ... of English with just one search: the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, ...
5. Advanced | Definition of Advanced by Merriam-Webster
Advanced definition is - far on in time or course. How to use advanced in a sentence. ... and modern methods. See the full definition for advanced in the English Language Learners Dictionary. advanced. adjective. ad·vanced | \ əd- ˈvanst \ ...
6. Advanced Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Advanced definition, placed ahead or forward: with one foot advanced. See more . ... Origin of advanced. late Middle English word dating back to 1425–75; see origin at advance, -ed ... How to use advanced in a sentence. The United States ...
7. Definition of Advanced Degree by Merriam-Webster
Advanced degree definition is - a university degree (such as a master's or doctor's degree) higher than a ... Examples of advanced degree in a Sentence.
8. Advance Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Advance definition, to move or bring forward: The general advanced his ... Synonyms; Quizzes; Related Content; Examples; British; Idioms And Phrases ... 1200–50; Middle English avauncen
9. Definition of Advance Directive by Merriam-Webster
Advance directive definition is - a legal document (such as a living will) signed by a competent person to provide ... Examples of advance directive in a Sentence.
10. Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary at Oxford Learner's ...
OALD is created especially for learners of English, with clear and simple definitions, synonyms, real voice audio and example sentences showing language in use.
How many words must a sentence include?
A sentence must include at least one subject, one verb, and other modifiers or objects as necessary to make a complete thought.
Can sentences be made up of just one word?
Yes, however this would not be considered a proper sentence as it cannot convey a complete thought without the inclusion of other components like modifiers or objects.
What type of thought does a sentence express?
A sentence expresses a complete thought whether it is physical, emotional or conceptual in nature.
In conclusion, sentences are an essential part of language and communication that allow us to share our thoughts with others in an effective way. They are composed of groups of words that succinctly express an idea or emotion by including all relevant components such as subjects, verbs and other modifiers or objects as necessary.