Pneumothorax is a medical condition in which air accumulates between the lungs and the chest wall. This can occur either spontaneously or due to trauma, but most commonly happens because of a medical procedure like chest tube insertion or mechanical ventilation. It can be a life-threatening emergency if not treated promptly and appropriately
Table Of Content:
- Adjust | Definition of Adjust by Merriam-Webster
- Amend Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Adjustment | Definition of Adjustment by Merriam-Webster
- Regulate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- ADJUST | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Adjust definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- ADJUST | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Semantic change - Wikipedia
- ADJUSTING | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- SET English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
1. Adjust | Definition of Adjust by Merriam-Webster
Adjust definition is - to bring to a more satisfactory state:. How to use ... See the full definition for adjust in the English Language Learners Dictionary. adjust. verb.
2. Amend Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
to alter, modify, rephrase, or add to or subtract from (a motion, bill, constitution, etc.) by formal procedure: Congress may amend the proposed tax bill. · to change for ...
3. Adjustment | Definition of Adjustment by Merriam-Webster
English Language Learners Definition of adjustment · a small change that improves something or makes it work better · a change that makes it possible for a person ...
4. Regulate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Regulate definition, to control or direct by a rule, principle, method, etc.: to regulate household expenses. See more.
5. ADJUST | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... adjust verb (MAKE CHANGES) ... to change something slightly, especially to make it more correct, effective, or suitable: If the chair is too high you ...
6. Adjust definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
adjust in American English · 1. to change so as to fit, conform, make suitable, etc. · 2. to make accurate by regulating. to adjust a watch · 3. to settle or arrange rightly.
7. ADJUST | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... adjust | Intermediate English ... to change something slightly to make it fit, work better, or be more suitable: [ T ] Adjust the angle of your monitor so ...
8. Semantic change - Wikipedia
Semantic change is a form of language change regarding the evolution of word usage—usually ... Restriction of sense: change from a general to a special meaning ... Etymonline, Online Etymology Dictionary of the English language.
9. ADJUSTING | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... to change something slightly, especially to make it more correct, effective, or suitable: If the chair is too high you can adjust it to suit you. As a ...
10. SET English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of SET along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
What causes pneumothorax?
Pneumothorax is caused by air entering between the lungs and chest wall, which can be due to trauma, medical procedures like chest tube insertion, or spontaneous events.
What are the symptoms of pneumothorax?
The signs and symptoms of pneumothorax include sudden chest pain, shortness of breath, rapid breathing, elevated heart rate, reduced level of consciousness (if severe), and/or bluish tinge to skin as a result of oxygen deprivation. These symptoms generally worsen over time.
How is pneumothorax treated?
Treatment for pneumothorax depends on its cause and severity. For minor instances where only part of one lung is affected, the patient may be placed on oxygen therapy until they recover. In more severe cases that require intervention, a chest tube may be inserted to allow air to escape from the chest cavity and help restore normal breathing patterns.
Pneumothorax is a serious medical condition that requires immediate diagnosis and treatment to ensure proper recovery from lung collapse or damage caused by an accumulation of air in the chest cavity. Proper assessment by healthcare professionals is necessary for proper management and treatment for this potentially life-threatening condition.