Actuate is defined as to set in motion or initiate an action. It often refers to activating a particular device or process, such as starting an engine.
Table Of Content:
- Actuate | Definition of Actuate by Merriam-Webster
- Actuate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Actuate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Actuate Meaning | Best 7 Definitions of Actuate
- ACTUATE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Use actuate in a sentence | The best 13 actuate sentence examples
- ACTUATED | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- ACTUATE | Definition of ACTUATE by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
- ACTUATE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Actuate - definition of actuate by The Free Dictionary
1. Actuate | Definition of Actuate by Merriam-Webster
Actuate definition is - to put into mechanical action or motion. ... Antonyms Choose the Right Synonym More Example Sentences Learn More About actuate ... See the full definition for actuate in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. Actuate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Actuate definition, to incite or move to action; impel; motivate: actuated by selfish motives. See more.
3. Actuate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Actuate definition: If a person is actuated by an emotion , that emotion makes ... COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. ... Examples of 'actuate' in a sentence.
4. Actuate Meaning | Best 7 Definitions of Actuate
Actuate meaning · Origin of actuate · Actuate Sentence Examples · Related articles · Words near actuate in the Dictionary.
5. ACTUATE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Examples of actuate ... The joint space of the manipulator (or configuration space ) is defined as the space in which all the actuated joint variables ...
6. Use actuate in a sentence | The best 13 actuate sentence examples
The most voted sentence example for actuate is The transmitted signals or ele... ... which had hitherto in great measure supplied Europe with sugar, sank before the competition of the English and French. ... Words near actuate in the Dictionary .
7. ACTUATED | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... actuated meaning: 1. past simple and past participle of actuate 2. to make a machine work or be the reason a person…. Learn more.
8. ACTUATE | Definition of ACTUATE by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
What is the definition of ACTUATE? What is the meaning of ACTUATE? How do you use ACTUATE in a sentence? What are ... Meaning of actuate in English: ...
9. ACTUATE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Examples of actuate. actuate. As more of our objects and environments become actuated, connected, and data-enabled, these enchanted objects ...
10. Actuate - definition of actuate by The Free Dictionary
[Medieval Latin āctuāre, āctuāt-, from Latin āctus, act; see act.] ac′tu·a′tion n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © ...
What does actuate mean?
Actuate means to set in motion or initiate an action.
How is actuate used?
Actuate is commonly used to refer to the activation of a particular device or process, such as starting an engine.
Is actuate only used with physical devices?
No, actuate can be used to refer to initiating any kind of action, including non-physical processes.
Can actuatate be used for things other than objects like engines?
Yes, actuate can also be used for initiating any kind of action, including non-physical processes.
How does the word "actuate" differ from its synonyms?
Actuating something implies that the activity was initiated intentionally and with purpose; other words such as activate may imply more accidental or natural interactions.
In conclusion, actuating something implies that the activity was initiated deliberately and with specific intent while activating may imply more natural and unintentional interactions.