An accountable sentence is a type of legal penalty that is handed out by the courts to those who have committed a crime. By imposing an accountable sentence, offenders are required to abide by certain provisions and conditions throughout their probationary period in order to avoid further punishment or repercussions.
Table Of Content:
- Accountability | Definition of Accountability by Merriam-Webster
- Accountability Meaning | Best 5 Definitions of Accountability
- Accountable | Definition of Accountable by Merriam-Webster
- Accountable Meaning | Best 11 Definitions of Accountable
- Answerable | Definition of Answerable by Merriam-Webster
- The best 69 accountable sentence examples
- Accountable definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Responsible Meaning | Best 14 Definitions of Responsible
- Use “accountable” in a sentence | “accountable” sentence examples
- ACCOUNTABLE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
1. Accountability | Definition of Accountability by Merriam-Webster
How to use accountability in a sentence. ... 1750, in the meaning defined above ... Britannica English: Translation of accountability for Arabic Speakers.
2. Accountability Meaning | Best 5 Definitions of Accountability
The definition of accountability is taking or being assigned responsibility for ... auditors, and insider trading, faces a maximum sentence of 185 years behind bars.
3. Accountable | Definition of Accountable by Merriam-Webster
Accountable definition is - subject to giving an account : answerable. How to use accountable in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of accountable. ... for Spanish Speakers. Britannica English: Translation of accountable for Arabic Speakers ...
4. Accountable Meaning | Best 11 Definitions of Accountable
What does accountable mean? Expected or ... The definition of accountable is being responsible for something or someone. ... Accountable Sentence Examples.
5. Answerable | Definition of Answerable by Merriam-Webster
Answerable definition is - liable to be called to account : responsible. How to use answerable in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of ... See the full definition for answerable in the English Language Learners Dictionary. answerable. adjective.
6. The best 69 accountable sentence examples
The most voted sentence example for accountable is "You'll be held accountable if... ... must therefore be classed as one of the most beneficent factors in the promotion of safety on British railways. 5 ... Words near accountable in the Dictionary.
7. Accountable definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Examples of 'accountable' in a sentence. accountable · We will continue to hold companies accountable that gain an unfair and illegal competitive advantage. · If so ...
8. Responsible Meaning | Best 14 Definitions of Responsible
Responsible meaning · Responsible is defined as making good decisions and caring for others. · The definition of responsible is being the person thing that caused ...
9. Use “accountable” in a sentence | “accountable” sentence examples
When you first started learning English, you may have memorized words such as: English meaning of the word “accountable”; But now that you have a better ...
10. ACCOUNTABLE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... accountable definition: 1. Someone who is accountable is completely responsible for what they do and must be able to give a…. Learn more.
What does it mean for someone to receive an accountable sentence?
When someone receives an accountable sentence, they are being held responsible by the court for following specific guidelines over the duration of their probation. This can include attending counseling, submitting to drug tests, attending support groups, or performing community service.
Who typically receives an accountable sentence?
Accountable sentences are typically given out to less serious offenders as opposed to more serious ones who may be facing jail time instead. It depends on each particular case and all of its circumstances when determining what type of punishment may be appropriate.
Why is an accountable sentence seen as a beneficial form of legal punishment?
Accountable sentences are viewed as beneficial forms of legal punishment because they allow those who commit crimes to continue living in society while also still having some accountability for their actions. They also provide those sentenced with outlets such as counseling which could potentially help them avoid committing similar offenses in the future.
An accountable sentence is often seen as a beneficial form of legal punishment that allows individuals who commit crimes to stay in society while providing them with opportunities like counseling that could help them from making similar mistakes in the future. This option allows these people another chance at reviving their lives without having harsh punishments imposed on them immediately after conviction.