Abs are the muscles located in the area of the body between the chest and pelvis, known as the abdomen. These muscle groups are important in providing support to the spine and play an important role in everyday movement.
Table Of Content:
- Abs Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Abs | Definition of Abs by Merriam-Webster
- Abs definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Ab | Definition of Ab by Merriam-Webster
- Abs Meaning | Best 18 Definitions of Abs
- Ab Initio | Definition of Ab Initio by Merriam-Webster
- Word Root Of The Day: ab | Membean
- Abscond | Definition of Abscond by Merriam-Webster
- ABS | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Abstemious | Definition of Abstemious by Merriam-Webster
1. Abs Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Abs definition, abdominal muscles. ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Examples; British ... We could talk until we're blue in the face about this quiz on words for the color " blue," but we think you should take the quiz ... Other definitions for abs (2 of 5).
2. Abs | Definition of Abs by Merriam-Webster
Definition of abs. (Entry 1 of 3). 1 absolute. 2 abstract. ABS. noun. \ ˌā-(ˌ)bē-ˈes \. Definition of ABS (Entry 2 of 3) ... use of abs was in 1957. See more words from the same year ... Britannica English: Translation of abs for Arabic Speakers ...
3. Abs definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
ABS in American English 1 ... acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, a hard, tough, lightweight plastic used for automobile parts, counter tops, etc. : in full ABS resin.
4. Ab | Definition of Ab by Merriam-Webster
Ab definition is - an abdominal muscle —usually used in plural. How to use ab in a ... known use of ab was circa 1771. See more words from the same year ... See the full definition for ab in the English Language Learners Dictionary. ab-. prefix ...
5. Abs Meaning | Best 18 Definitions of Abs
What does abs mean? Abs is defined as an abbreviation for abdominal muscles. (abbreviation) An example of abs are the stomach muscles of Mik...
6. Ab Initio | Definition of Ab Initio by Merriam-Webster
(Initio is a form of the noun initium, meaning "beginning," which gave rise to such English words as initial, initiate, and initiative.) Ab initio most frequently appears ...
7. Word Root Of The Day: ab | Membean
The English prefix ab-, which means “away,” appears in many English vocabulary words, such as absent, abduct, and absolute." You can remember that the prefix ...
8. Abscond | Definition of Abscond by Merriam-Webster
Abscond definition is - to depart secretly and hide oneself. ... First appearing in English in the 17th century, abscond derives from Latin abscondere, meaning "to hide away," a product of the prefix ab- and condere, a verb meaning "to conceal." (Condere is also the root for recondite, a word meaning "concealed" as well as ...
9. ABS | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... abs meaning: 1. → abdominals: 2. abbreviation for anti-lock braking system: a brake fitted to some road…. Learn more.
10. Abstemious | Definition of Abstemious by Merriam-Webster
Abstemious definition is - marked by restraint especially in the eating of food or drinking of ... Other Words from abstemious Synonyms & Antonyms Did you know ? ... Both get their start from the Latin prefix abs-, meaning "from" or "away," but ... See the full definition for abstemious in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
What are abs?
Abs are short for abdominal muscles, which are located in the area of the body between the chest and pelvis.
What is their function?
The abs play an important role in providing support to the spine and help with everyday movement.
Is there a specific exercise routine for developing abs?
Yes, there is a number of different exercises you can do to target your abs such as crunches, planks, sit-ups, Russian twists and leg lifts.
How long does it take to get visible abs?
Visible abs require significant dedication over a period of several months if done properly with proper diet and exercise. Results will vary depending on each individual’s fitness level and lifestyle choices.
Abs are important muscles that provide support to the spine, as well as aiding everyday movement. When it comes to getting visible abs, it requires dedication over time but can be achieved with the right diet and exercise routine.