Abrasive is a term used to describe an object that can be used to grind or scour away materials that are hard or difficult to remove.
Table Of Content:
- Abrasive | Definition of Abrasive by Merriam-Webster
- Abrasive Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Nonabrasive | Definition of Nonabrasive by Merriam-Webster
- Abrasive definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Use abrasive in a sentence | The best 88 abrasive sentence examples
- Abrasive Meaning | Best 11 Definitions of Abrasive
- ABRASIVE | Definition of ABRASIVE by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
- abrasive in a sentence | Sentence examples by Cambridge Dictionary
- Abrasive: In a Sentence – WORDS IN A SENTENCE
- ABRASIVE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
1. Abrasive | Definition of Abrasive by Merriam-Webster
How to use abrasive in a sentence. abrasive Has Latin Roots. ... time, English had two different but similarly derived words meaning "to wear down": abrade and ...
2. Abrasive Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Abrasive definition, any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., ... How to use abrasive in a sentence ... British Dictionary definitions for abrasive.
3. Nonabrasive | Definition of Nonabrasive by Merriam-Webster
Nonabrasive definition is - not abrasive. How to ... Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About ... 1897, in the meaning defined above.
4. Abrasive definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Abrasive definition: Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and ... COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. ... Examples of 'abrasive' in a sentence.
5. Use abrasive in a sentence | The best 88 abrasive sentence examples
Abrasive sentence example · Other mineral products are graphite, garnet used as an abrasive , pyrite and zinc ore. · He smiled at her, understanding what it was to ...
6. Abrasive Meaning | Best 11 Definitions of Abrasive
What does abrasive mean? Harsh and rough in manner. (adjective) An unpleasant, abrasive personality. ... All rights reserved. Meanings · Synonyms · Sentences · Quotes · Spanish ... The definition of abrasive is something that is harsh or rough, often to an unpleasant degree. An example of abrasive is the attitude of your ...
7. ABRASIVE | Definition of ABRASIVE by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
What is the definition of ABRASIVE? What is the meaning of ABRASIVE? How do you use ABRASIVE in a sentence? What are ... Meaning of abrasive in English: ...
8. abrasive in a sentence | Sentence examples by Cambridge Dictionary
One of the biggest issues to be addressed is controlled acceleration, particularly in abrasive cutting. From the Cambridge English Corpus. All of the machinery was ...
9. Abrasive: In a Sentence – WORDS IN A SENTENCE
1. Because of Kurt's abrasive personality, most people try to avoid him at work. · 2 . The clerk was so abrasive to me I walked out the store without making a ...
10. ABRASIVE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
abrasive meaning: 1. rude and unfriendly: 2. An abrasive substance is slightly rough, and often used for cleaning…. Learn more.
In summary, an abrasive is an object designed for grinding and scouring away materials that are hard or impossible to remove using other methods or tools . A variety of materials can be removed using abrasives and there are different grades available depending on the desired outcome after its use.