A clean sweep is a phrase used to describe when one person or entity reduces their competition. It means that someone has managed to completely dominate an action, game, process, or competition.
Table Of Content:
- Clean Sweep | Definition of Clean Sweep by Merriam-Webster
- Clean sweep Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Clean sweep definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- A CLEAN SWEEP (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
- A clean sweep definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- clean sweep - Wiktionary
- clean sweep - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- A CLEAN SWEEP English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- make a clean sweep | definition in the English-Danish Dictionary ...
- a clean sweep | meaning of a clean sweep in Longman Dictionary of ...
1. Clean Sweep | Definition of Clean Sweep by Merriam-Webster
Definition of clean sweep ... 1 : a victory in which one side or team wins every game, contest, etc. The Red Sox won the series in a clean sweep. The election was a ...
2. Clean sweep Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Clean sweep definition, an overwhelming or decisive victory, as by a political candidate who wins in all or almost all election districts. See more.
3. Clean sweep definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Clean sweep definition: an overwhelming victory | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
4. A CLEAN SWEEP (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
Definition of A CLEAN SWEEP (phrase): situation in which one person wins everything; a completely new start.
5. A clean sweep definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
the first club to make a clean sweep of all three trophies. See full dictionary entry for sweep. COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins ...
6. clean sweep - Wiktionary
English Wikipedia has an article on: clean sweep · Wikipedia. NounEdit · clean sweep (plural clean sweeps). (chiefly politics) A complete or overwhelming ...
7. clean sweep - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
clean sweep - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums. All Free.
8. A CLEAN SWEEP English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of A CLEAN SWEEP along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
9. make a clean sweep | definition in the English-Danish Dictionary ...
make a clean sweep - translate into Danish with the English-Danish Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionary.
10. a clean sweep | meaning of a clean sweep in Longman Dictionary of ...
a clean sweep meaning, definition, what is a clean sweep: a very impressive victory in a competiti...: Learn more.
What does "a clean sweep" mean?
A clean sweep is a phrase used to describe when one person or entity reduces their competition by completely dominating an action, game, process, or competition.
What kind of events can a clean sweep be used to describe?
A clean sweep can be used in any situation where one individual or organization manages to completely dominate the other competitors and come out ahead in an event such as a game, election, auction, negotiation, etc.
How do you know if someone has achieved a clean sweep?
If one individual or organization is able to outcompete all other parties in a specific task and secure clear victory then this is known as achieving a clean sweep.
Is it possible for multiple entities achieve a clean sweep?
Yes - two or more entities can work together and achieve a collective clean sweep if they are able to dominate the competition together. This usually results from both entities working closely together and co-operating towards the same goal.
Does achieving a clean sweep guarantee success?
No - while achieving a clean sweep is considered impressive it does not guarantee ongoing success in future events. As such, continued effort must be taken even after securing victory through a clean sweep.
Achieving a clean sweep has become synonymous with success and dominance. It describes an impressive feat whereby one entity manages to surpass every competitor in order to secure a notable victory.