An urgent matter is an important issue that requires immediate action and attention. This could include an emergency situation, a pressing deadline, or a critical issue to be addressed. In the context of business and work, the urgency of a matter can significantly impact how it is handled.
Table Of Content:
- Urgent matter definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Urgent Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- AS A MATTER OF URGENCY / PRIORITY (phrase) definition and ...
- Nonurgent | Definition of Nonurgent by Merriam-Webster
- on an urgent matter definition | English dictionary for learners ...
- Urgency | Definition of Urgency by Merriam-Webster
- urgent matter definition | English definition dictionary | Reverso
- Matter | Definition of Matter by Merriam-Webster
- Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) Definition
- meaning of as a matter of urgency in Longman Dictionary of ...
1. Urgent matter definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
If something is urgent, it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. urgency uncountable noun. urgently adverb ...
2. Urgent Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Urgent definition, compelling or requiring immediate action or attention; dire; pressing: an urgent matter. See more.
3. AS A MATTER OF URGENCY / PRIORITY (phrase) definition and ...
as a matter of urgency/priority Definitions and Synonyms. phraseformal ... Change your default dictionary to American English.
4. Nonurgent | Definition of Nonurgent by Merriam-Webster
not calling for immediate attention : not urgent a nonurgent matter a nonurgent medical problem ... Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, ...
5. on an urgent matter definition | English dictionary for learners ...
on an urgent matter definition in the English Cobuild dictionary for learners, on an urgent matter meaning explained, see also 'urgently',urge',urge on' ...
6. Urgency | Definition of Urgency by Merriam-Webster
Urgency definition is - the quality or state of being urgent : insistence. ... Britannica English: Translation of urgency for Arabic Speakers.
7. urgent matter definition | English definition dictionary | Reverso
urgent matter definition in English dictionary, urgent matter meaning, synonyms, see also 'urgently',urge',urgency',urogenital'. Enrich your vocabulary with ...
8. Matter | Definition of Matter by Merriam-Webster
7 days ago ... to be important. See the full definition for matter in the English Language Learners Dictionary. matter. noun. mat·ter | \ ˈma-tər \ ...
9. Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) Definition
An extraordinary general meeting is a way to meet and deal with urgent matters that arise in the downtime between the company's annual shareholders ...
10. meaning of as a matter of urgency in Longman Dictionary of ...
as a matter of urgency meaning, definition, what is as a matter of urgency: if something is done or should be done a...: Learn more.
What constitutes an urgent matter?
An urgent matter is any situation that requires swift action and attention, such as an emergency need or an impending deadline. It may also refer to an important decision or problem requiring quick resolution.
How quickly should an urgent matter be addressed?
Generally speaking, the quicker an urgent matter can be addressed, the better. Depending on the severity of the issue, it may require immediate action or it may need to be taken care of within hours or days.
How might urgency impact how a matter is handled?
The knowledge that something is high priority often calls for more resources to be devoted towards resolving it. Urgency can cause people to act faster than they normally would in order to get it done in time. It also means that other matters may need to take a backseat until this issue has been addressed first.
Who decides what qualifies as an urgent matter?
Depending on the context, different people can decide if something qualifies as being ‘urgent’ or not. For instance, in a workplace setting it might depend on management’s priorities while in medical cases it would typically involve medical professionals assessing the patient’s condition to determine urgency level.
Is there anything I should do when confronted with an urgent matter?
It depends on each situation but generally speaking you should take steps promptly and efficiently to address whatever needs attention; notify those involved; and make sure you follow up accordingly so nothing slips through the cracks.
An urgent matter can range from small issues needing quick resolution to serious emergencies requiring immediate attention – no single person decides what counts as ‘urgent’ in all situations but rather it depends on context and priorities involved at any given moment. Understanding how urgency impacts how we handle various matters can help ensure these important issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently moving forward.