Dental hygiene programs in California are designed to prepare students for the challenges of becoming a successful dental hygienist. With comprehensive curriculums and modern technology, this type of program can enable students to pass the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination and become a registered dental hygienist (RDH).
Table Of Content:
- Dental Hygiene Schools
- CALIFORNIA REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST (RDH) and ...
- 15 Best Dental Hygiene Schools in California – 2023
- How to Become a Licensed Dental Hygienist (RDH) in California ...
- Dental Hygiene Degree Program in California
- 2023 Best California Colleges with Dental Hygiene Degrees - Niche
- Best 15 Dental Hygiene Schools in California in 2022 - Best Value ...
- CA Dental Hygienist Programs - See 27 Accredited Schools in ...
- 21 Best Dental Hygiene Schools In California (2022)
- Dental Hygiene - BS | University of the Pacific
1. Dental Hygiene Schools
Dental Hygiene Schools · Cabrillo College · Carrington College Sacramento · Carrington College San Jose · Cerritos College · Chabot College · Concorde Career College
2. CALIFORNIA REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST (RDH) and ...
DENTAL HYGIENIST IN ALTERNATIVE PRACTICE (RDHAP) EDUCATIONAL. PROGRAMS BY REGION. Northern California. RDH SCHOOL. LOCATION/ADDRESS/CONTACT.
3. 15 Best Dental Hygiene Schools in California – 2023
For almost 80 years, the University of Southern California's School of Dentistry has been offering high-quality dental education. It boasts of an acclaimed ...
4. How to Become a Licensed Dental Hygienist (RDH) in California ...
Dental Hygiene Board of California. ... How to Become a Licensed Dental Hygienist (RDH or RDHAP) in California, Educational Programs.
5. Dental Hygiene Degree Program in California
At SJVC, it can take about 16 months to complete the Dental Hygiene program and achieve an Associate of Science degree. Graduates are eligible to take the ...
6. 2023 Best California Colleges with Dental Hygiene Degrees - Niche
Results 1 - 25 of 28 ... 2023 Best Colleges with Dental Hygiene Degrees in California · University of Southern California · University of Southern California · Foothill ...
7. Best 15 Dental Hygiene Schools in California in 2022 - Best Value ...
Here are the Top Dental Hygiene Schools in California · 1. University of Southern California (Points: 16) · 2. University of the Pacific (Points: 14) · 3. West ...
8. CA Dental Hygienist Programs - See 27 Accredited Schools in ...
Accredited Dental Hygienist Schools California ; Hayward, Chabot College, Learn More ; Loma Linda, Loma Linda University, Learn More ; Los Altos Hills, Foothill ...
9. 21 Best Dental Hygiene Schools In California (2022)
Cypress College is located approx.. 31 minutes from Los Angeles and offers one of the BEST dental hygiene programs in California. This dental hygiene program ...
10. Dental Hygiene - BS | University of the Pacific
Take advantage of the full Pacific experience by enrolling as a first-year dental hygiene major, or apply for the program as a transfer from another college or ...
What is the difference between dental hygiene programs in California and other states?
The curriculum within each state may differ, but all dental hygiene programs cover basic principles such as patient care, preventive dentistry, periodontal therapy and local anesthetic techniques. Additionally, many schools in California also have specialty courses such as digital radiography or chairside dental assisting that may not be offered at other schools.
Do I need any prerequisites for admission into a dental hygiene program?
Admission requirements vary by school. Generally speaking though, most schools require either a high school diploma or GED, completion of college-level courses in mathematics, science and English, and oral health assessments. Some may even require a certain grade point average or special training in medical terminology or Pharmacy Law.
How long will it take me to complete a dental hygiene program?
Most programs lead to an Associate’s Degree in Dental Hygiene which typically requires two years of full-time study or four years on part-time basis. After earning their degree, students must then apply for licensure by taking the board exam administered by Prometric Online Testing Centers.
Are there any financial aid options available for those enrolled in dental hygiene programs?
Yes! Financial aid is available through federal grants, scholarships from professional organizations and academic institutions as well as private sources. It is important to research all available options since some scholarships have specific requirements based upon GPA or intended career paths after completing the program.
In summary, Dental Hygiene Programs in California offer comprehensive instruction with access to advanced technology that enables graduates to become successful RDH’s with extensive knowledge and experience in the field of oral care.