An adult is a person who has passed a certain age threshold that society deems as having reached adulthood. This definition varies from country to country, but generally falls between the ages of 18 to 21. Adults are typically viewed as being independent and responsible for their own actions.
Table Of Content:
- Chinese Liver Fluke Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical ...
- Reverso | Free online translation, dictionary
- China White Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary
- A Practical Dictionary of Chinese Medicine (English and Chinese ...
- The Free Dictionary: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus
- Chin Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- English-Chinese Medical Dictionary 英汉医学词典– English-Chinese ...
- Chinese herbal formula - Medical Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
- Translation of medical – English–Mandarin Chinese dictionary
- Hereditary Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
1. Chinese Liver Fluke Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical ...
“Chinese liver fluke.” Merriam-Webster.com Medical Dictionary, Merriam-Webster , https://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/Chinese%20liver%20fluke.
2. Reverso | Free online translation, dictionary
Reverso.net : Free online translation in French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Portuguese, Hebrew, Japanese, English. ... Translation in Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Hebrew, Turkish, Polish and more, with examples in context and synonyms ... Medical dictionary English French | Computer dictionary French English ...
3. China White Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary
Medical definition of China white: a pure potent form of heroin originating in southeastern Asia. ... Merriam-Webster.com Medical Dictionary, Merriam-Webster , ... top 10 words with bizarre meanings hapax legomenon ... BRITANNICA ENGLISH - ARABIC TRANSLATION · NGLISH - SPANISH-ENGLISH TRANSLATION.
4. A Practical Dictionary of Chinese Medicine (English and Chinese ...
Each definition is referenced to one or more Chinese source. In all, it lists the characters, Pinyin, translations, and definitions for more than 10,000 medical ...
5. The Free Dictionary: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus
The World's most comprehensive free online dictionary, thesaurus, and encyclopedia with synonyms, definitions, idioms, abbreviations, and medical, financial, legal specialized dictionaries. ... Chinese Dictionary (S) · Polish Dictionary ... English Usage Topics · Help Feedback ... be trusted. Whose name means "deceptive"?
6. Chin Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
to endure suffering or punishment. Origin of chin. before 1000; Middle English; Old English cin(n); ...
7. English-Chinese Medical Dictionary 英汉医学词典– English-Chinese ...
Enter medical term or part(s) of it in English, Chinese or Pinyin into the search box ... Multi-directional translation between English, Chinese ( both simplified and ...
8. Chinese herbal formula - Medical Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
Meaning of Chinese herbal formula medical term. ... A general term for any of a number of preparations of Chinese herbs. ... Complete English Grammar Rules
9. Translation of medical – English–Mandarin Chinese dictionary
medical translations: 医学的；医疗的；医用的, 体格检查，健康检查. Learn more in the Cambridge English-Chinese simplified Dictionary. ... Examples of medical. medical. The development of large-scale data collection, for example, has also ...
10. Hereditary Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Hereditary definition, passing, or capable of passing, naturally from parent to offspring through the genes: ... First recorded in 1375–1425; late Middle English, from Latin hērēditārius “relating to inheritance,” ... Medical definitions for hereditary.
What age is typically considered the age of majority?
Generally in most countries, the age of majority is between 18 and 21 years old.
What distinguishes an adult from other stages of life?
An adult is typically seen as an independent entity, with full autonomy and legal responsibility for their actions.
Are there any special rights associated with reaching adulthood?
Yes, adults gain the right to vote, to enter into contracts, as well as emancipate themselves from their parent or guardian's control in many countries.
Does reaching adulthood vary from one country to another?
Indeed it does! While most countries agree on a minimum age for adulthood (usually 18-21), different countries may have different laws about when someone can be considered officially "adult".
Are there any other considerations when defining what constitutes being an adult?
Yes - moral considerations such as maturity and independence may also factor into defining someone as an adult. In some cases, these moral criteria may override entry by age alone.
Becoming an adult marks a major milestone in life, signaling both the acquisition of increased rights and responsibilities. The term “adult” may mean something different across cultures; however all societies acknowledge that this stage marks a significant change in status compared to minors or children.