Carrageenan is a gelatinous food additive that has been used for centuries in food and health products. It is derived from red seaweed, which is found in abundance around the world. The name carrageenan originates from the Irish word “carraigín” which means "little rock" because of its appearance when placed on a plate. Its unique properties make it an ideal choice for thickening and emulsifying various food items and cosmetics.
Table Of Content:
- Carrageenan Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Carrageenan | Definition of Carrageenan by Merriam-Webster
- CARRAGEENAN | Definition of CARRAGEENAN by Oxford ...
- Carrageenan definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Carrageenan - definition of carrageenan by The Free Dictionary
- carrageenan - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
- Definitions and Meaning of carrageenan in English
- carrageenan - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- Carageenan - definition of Carageenan by The Free Dictionary
- What does carrageenan mean? definition, meaning and audio ...
1. Carrageenan Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Carrageenan definition, a colloidal substance extracted from seaweed, chiefly used as an emulsifying and stabilizing ingredient in foods, cosmetics, and ...
2. Carrageenan | Definition of Carrageenan by Merriam-Webster
Carrageenan definition is - a colloid extracted from various red algae (such as ... Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/carrageenan.
3. CARRAGEENAN | Definition of CARRAGEENAN by Oxford ...
What is the meaning of CARRAGEENAN? How do you use ... Pronunciation / ˌkarəˈɡiːnən/ ... Does English Have More Words Than Any Other Language?
4. Carrageenan definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Carrageenan definition: a carbohydrate extracted from carrageen , used to make a beverage , medicine, and jelly ,... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
5. Carrageenan - definition of carrageenan by The Free Dictionary
Define carrageenan. carrageenan synonyms, carrageenan pronunciation, carrageenan translation, English dictionary definition of carrageenan. also ...
6. carrageenan - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
carrageenan - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions.
7. Definitions and Meaning of carrageenan in English
Tamil to English Dictionary: carrageenan. Meaning and definitions of carrageenan, translation of carrageenan in English language with similar and opposite ...
8. carrageenan - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers:: carrageenan, carragheenan, carageenan /ˌkærəˈɡiːnən/ n. a carbohydrate extracted from ...
9. Carageenan - definition of Carageenan by The Free Dictionary
Define Carageenan. Carageenan synonyms, Carageenan pronunciation, Carageenan translation, English dictionary definition of Carageenan. also ...
10. What does carrageenan mean? definition, meaning and audio ...
Dictionary entry details. • CARRAGEENAN (noun). Sense 1. Meaning: A colloidal extract from carrageen seaweed and other red algae. Classified under:.
What does carrageenan mean?
The name carrageenan originates from the Irish word “carraigín” which means "little rock."
Where does carrageenan come from?
Carrageenan comes from red seaweed, which is found in abundance around the world.
How is carrageenan used?
Carrageenan has been used for centuries as a gelatinous food additive to thicken and emulsify various food items and cosmetics.
How do you pronounce carrageenan?
Car-uh-geen-in or kahr-uh-jeen-in are both acceptable pronunciations of carrageenan.
Carrageenan has many uses, as it can be used to thicken and emulsify foods, add texture to cosmetics, or even act as a replacement for dairy or egg whites in recipes. It can be pronounced either “kar-uh-geen-in” or “kahr-uh-jeen-in” depending on regional dialects. Overall, this natural ingredient provides many benefits when added to recipes or beauty products!