Tumba is an Afro-Caribbean genre of music and dance that originated in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao. It is a mix of African rhythms and Spanish melodies, with a unique upbeat tempo. It is performed in competitions or carnivals as a way to celebrate the culture of the islands.
Table Of Content:
- Google Translate
- Caribbean definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Caribbean | Definition of Caribbean by Merriam-Webster
- Spanish Translation of “Caribbean” | Collins English-Spanish ...
- Caribbean | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- CARIBBEAN | Definition of CARIBBEAN by Oxford Dictionary on ...
- Caribbean | translate English to Spanish: Cambridge Dictionary
- English language - Wikipedia
- Caribbean | translation English to Vietnamese: Cambridge Dict.
- Afro-Caribbean - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
1. Google Translate
Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.
2. Caribbean definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
1. proper noun. The Caribbean is the sea which is between the West Indies, Central America, and the north coast of South America. · 2. adjective. Caribbean ...
3. Caribbean | Definition of Caribbean by Merriam-Webster
Caribbean definition is - of or relating to the Caribs, the eastern and southern West Indies, ... Britannica English: Translation of Caribbean for Arabic Speakers ...
4. Spanish Translation of “Caribbean” | Collins English-Spanish ...
Spanish Translation of “Caribbean” | The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online. Over 100000 Spanish translations of English words and phrases.
5. Caribbean | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
7 days ago ... Caribbean definition: 1. belonging to or relating to Caribbean islands and ... Meaning of Caribbean in English ... Get a quick, free translation!
6. CARIBBEAN | Definition of CARIBBEAN by Oxford Dictionary on ...
What is the meaning of CARIBBEAN? ... Translate Caribbean into Spanish ... The first, more common in British English, puts the stress on the -be-, while the ...
7. Caribbean | translate English to Spanish: Cambridge Dictionary
Caribbean translate: caribeño, caribeño, -a, Caribe, Caribeño. Learn more in the Cambridge English-Spanish Dictionary.
8. English language - Wikipedia
English is a West Germanic language originally spoken by the inhabitants of early medieval ... The translation of Matthew 8:20 from 1000 shows examples of case endings (nominative plural, accusative plural, ... Several varieties of English are also spoken in the Caribbean islands that were colonial possessions of Britain, ...
9. Caribbean | translation English to Vietnamese: Cambridge Dict.
Caribbean translations: vùng biển Caribê, thuộc vùng biển Caribê. Learn more in the Cambridge English-Vietnamese Dictionary.
10. Afro-Caribbean - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
Afro-Caribbean - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions.
What is tumba?
Tumba is an Afro-Caribbean genre of music and dance that originated in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao. It is a mix of African rhythms and Spanish melodies, with a unique upbeat tempo.
How does tumba differ from other Caribbean genres?
Tumba differs from other Caribbean genres because it incorporates African rhythms and Spanish melodies in its music instead of focusing solely on one particular style. The upbeat tempo also sets it apart from other Caribbean genres.
Where did tumba originate?
Tumba originated in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao.
How is tumba typically performed?
Tumba is typically performed during competitions or carnivals as a way to celebrate the culture of the islands.
Tumba has become an iconic part of Caribbean culture, bringing together elements of African rhythms and Spanish melodies to create something truly unique. As it continues to be celebrated through performances for local competitions or carnivals, its legacy will carry on for years to come.