A cardboard coffee cup sleeve is a type of disposable insulator made out of cardboard that can be slipped onto the outside of a hot beverage cup in order to prevent the user from burning their hands. These sleeves are often printed with branding or advertising.
Table Of Content:
- Coffee cup sleeve - Wikipedia
- CUP SLEEVE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- What is the brown cardboard covering coffee cups called in English ...
- CUP SLEEVE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- How the Coffee Cup Sleeve Was Invented | Arts & Culture ...
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Had Names | Mental Floss
- Starbucks Completes Rollout of New Cup Sleeves
- zarf - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
- sleeve for cardboard coffee cup | WordReference Forums
- Biodegradable vs. Compostable: Definitions and Differences
1. Coffee cup sleeve - Wikipedia
Coffee cup sleeves, also known as coffee sleeves, coffee clutches, coffee cozies, hot cup jackets, paper zarfs, coffee collars, and cup holders, are roughly ...
2. CUP SLEEVE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
7 days ago ... cup sleeve meaning: 1. a tube-shaped piece of material that is put on a cup for hot drinks, to stop you ... We use cup sleeves made from recycled cardboard. ... You could make themed bunting and even coffee cup sleeves!
3. What is the brown cardboard covering coffee cups called in English ...
Dec 11, 2017 ... As might be expected of a coinage like this, Urban Dictionary offers the ... for the sleeve that goes around your handle-less paper coffee cup to ...
4. CUP SLEEVE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
7 days ago ... cup sleeve definition: 1. a tube-shaped piece of material that is put on a cup for hot drinks, to stop you ... We use cup sleeves made from recycled cardboard. ... You could make themed bunting and even coffee cup sleeves!
5. How the Coffee Cup Sleeve Was Invented | Arts & Culture ...
Aug 16, 2013 ... The cardboard sleeve became the ubiquitous finger-saver for coffee ... The seemingly simple coffee cup sleeve represents the genius of design. ... In 2005, MoMA paid tribute to this ingenious design defining the modern American coffee ... Mound at English Manor May Conceal Remains of Medieval Castle ...
6. 10 Things You Didn't Know Had Names | Mental Floss
Oct 6, 2017 ... ... an olive pit. As a verb, it means to eat noisily. ... 5. ZARF. Originally, a zarf was a metal chalice meant to prevent the heat from your coffee from burning your fingers. The name for the fancy cup holder has morphed into the modern-day cardboard sleeve that comes wrapped around your morning cup of joe.
7. Starbucks Completes Rollout of New Cup Sleeves
May 27, 2015 ... USA (English) ... Starbucks Completes Global Rollout of New Cup Sleeves ... The sleeves are also both recyclable with cardboard and compostable ... In those early days of specialty coffee, most customers were accustomed ...
8. zarf - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
A zarf is something that helps you hold a hot cup without burning your fingers. Don't leave the ... an ornamental metal cup-shaped holder for a hot coffee cup.
9. sleeve for cardboard coffee cup | WordReference Forums
English, Persian ... So the coffee company offers us an additional piece of cardboard that encircles the cardboard cup, ... ambiguous since it also means " cup holder"-- but I think we can call that sleeve a "holder" too in English.
10. Biodegradable vs. Compostable: Definitions and Differences
This could include a product like a plastic-lined paper coffee cup. While the paper will break down, and eventually the plastic, there is still microplastic waste left ...
In conclusion, cardboard coffee cup sleeves provide an effective form of insulation for individuals who need to hold hot drinks without burning their hands, and are often printed with branding or advertising related to the place where they were found or acquired.