White noise is a random signal which has equal intensity at different frequencies. It can be used in audio applications to mask external sounds and to create soundscapes in the home or office. In Cambridge, white noise is often used in classrooms, libraries, and other academic environments to improve concentration and reduce distractions.
Table Of Content:
- WHITE NOISE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- What is the difference between sound masking and white noise?
- WHITE NOISE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Cambridge English Dictionary on the App Store
- white noise | translate English to Spanish: Cambridge Dictionary
- What is Sound Masking? How is it different than White Noise?
- white noise in a sentence | Sentence examples by Cambridge ...
- White Noise (novel) - Wikipedia
- white noise | translation English to Spanish: Cambridge Dictionary
- Ghosts, coughs and daughters: how to pronounce 'gh' in English ...
1. WHITE NOISE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
7 days ago ... white noise definition: 1. a mixture of sounds or electrical signals that consists of all the sounds or signals in a large…. Learn more.
2. What is the difference between sound masking and white noise?
Sep 7, 2020 ... This means you can tell where the sound is coming from. Just like a fan, your ears can locate a white noise machine and it thus becomes a ...
3. WHITE NOISE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
white noise meaning: 1. a mixture of sounds or electrical signals that consists of all the sounds or signals in a large…. Learn more.
4. Cambridge English Dictionary on the App Store
... screenshots, and learn more about Cambridge English Dictionary. Download Cambridge English Dictionary and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
5. white noise | translate English to Spanish: Cambridge Dictionary
white noise translate: ruido blanco. Learn more in the Cambridge English- Spanish Dictionary.
6. What is Sound Masking? How is it different than White Noise?
Sound Masking 101. Sound masking is the process of adding background sound to reduce noise distractions, protect speech privacy and increase office comfort.
7. white noise in a sentence | Sentence examples by Cambridge ...
Jul 28, 2021 ... Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors.
8. White Noise (novel) - Wikipedia
White Noise is the eighth novel by Don DeLillo, published by Viking Press in 1985. It won the ... Time included the novel in its list of "Best English-language Novels from 1923 to 2005". ... Jack's character's dialogue throughout the story provides a better meaning ... Doesn't it give a precious texture to life, a sense of definition?
9. white noise | translation English to Spanish: Cambridge Dictionary
7 days ago ... white noise translations: ruido blanco. Learn more in the Cambridge English- Spanish Dictionary.
10. Ghosts, coughs and daughters: how to pronounce 'gh' in English ...
Sep 19, 2018 ... Examples of this are ghost, ghastly, ghetto and spaghetti. ... Words containing the letters 'igh' have the pronunciation /aɪ/ (the sound in 'white' and 'nine'). This is ... The Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary has a pretty ...
In conclusion, white noise has proven itself effective when used properly in an academic setting where there may be excessive disturbances or distractions present that interfere with learning abilities or creative output. With its ability to mask external sounds without being overly intrusive itself, it can help improve concentration levels and ultimately lead to better productivity overall.