Brass plates are traditionally used as decoration or to add an aesthetic value to objects. They are commonly found on statues and monuments, electrical appliances and even boats, where they can be used both figuratively and literally.
Table Of Content:
- Brass plate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Cymbal | Definition of Cymbal by Merriam-Webster
- PLATE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Brass | Definition of Brass by Merriam-Webster
- brass plate in a sentence | Sentence examples by Cambridge ...
- Definition and synonyms of brass plate in the English dictionary
- Brass - definition of brass by The Free Dictionary
- BRASS | Definition of BRASS by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com ...
- Dial plate - definition of Dial plate by The Free Dictionary
- brass noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
1. Brass plate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Brass plate definition: an alloy of copper and zinc containing more than 50 per cent of copper. Alpha brass... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
2. Cymbal | Definition of Cymbal by Merriam-Webster
Cymbal definition is - a concave metal plate (as of brass or bronze) that ... See the full definition for cymbal in the English Language Learners Dictionary. cymbal .
3. PLATE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
6 days ago ... plate definition: 1. a flat, usually round dish with a slightly raised edge that you eat from or serve food from: 2…. Learn more.
4. Brass | Definition of Brass by Merriam-Webster
Brass definition is - an alloy consisting essentially of copper and zinc in variable ... See the full definition for brass in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
5. brass plate in a sentence | Sentence examples by Cambridge ...
Jul 28, 2021 ... The copper mirror is supported by a thick brass plate, to the underside of which is glued an electrical heater. From the Cambridge English Corpus.
6. Definition and synonyms of brass plate in the English dictionary
«Brass plate» Meaning of brass plate in the English dictionary with examples of use. Synonyms for brass plate and translation of brass plate to 25 languages.
7. Brass - definition of brass by The Free Dictionary
Define brass. brass synonyms, brass pronunciation, brass translation, English ... American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. ... This plate is made of brass; (also adjective) a brass door-knocker. geelkoper نحاس أصفر ...
8. BRASS | Definition of BRASS by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com ...
What is the meaning of BRASS? ... as modifier 'a brass plate on the door' ... 1.2 British count noun A round flat brass ornament for the harness of a draught horse.
9. Dial plate - definition of Dial plate by The Free Dictionary
Dial plate synonyms, Dial plate pronunciation, Dial plate translation, English dictionary definition of Dial plate. the plane or disk of a dial or ... The antique brass effect dial plate and smooth light-oak veneer case combine to give a truly stunning ...
10. brass noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
Definition of brass noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. ... solid brass fittings/door handles; a brass plate (= a sign outside a building giving the ... [ countable] (British English) a decorated piece of brass used as an attractive object, ...
What is the purpose of using a brass plate?
Brass plates can be used for several purposes including decorative purposes, such as enhancing the appearance of a statue or monument, or for functional purposes, such as protecting electrical components from damage.
Is a brass plate durable and long lasting?
Yes! Brass plates are renowned for their durability since they can resist tarnishing, corrosion and other environmental elements very well. Additionally, brass has great structural strength which makes it perfect for applications that require strength and reliability.
Are there any specific considerations I should keep in mind when installing a brass plate?
It is important to ensure that the surface you will be attaching your brass plate to is clean and dry before installation. Additionally, it is important to use appropriate glue/adhesive materials in order to ensure your brass plate adheres properly.
Brass plates have been around for centuries due its beauty and practical uses making them ideal choice of material when it comes to creating unique designs with enhanced functionality like protection or longevity.