An anniversary is the date on which a particular event or milestone occurred in the past and is commemorated annually. It is often associated with special celebrations that are meant to honor or recognize the event or milestone that took place. The word ‘anniversary’ comes from the Latin phrase ‘anniversarius,’ meaning ‘recurring each year.’
Table Of Content:
- 8 Synonyms & Antonyms for ANNIVERSARY | Thesaurus.com
- Anniversary | Definition of Anniversary by Merriam-Webster
- 2 Synonyms & Antonyms for BIRTHDAY | Thesaurus.com
- Anniversary Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- The Difference Between 'Centenary' and 'Centennial' | Merriam ...
- Anniversary definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Birthday Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- ANNIVERSARY | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Bicentennial Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARY (noun) definition and synonyms ...
1. 8 Synonyms & Antonyms for ANNIVERSARY | Thesaurus.com
Find 8 ways to say ANNIVERSARY, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at ... See definition of anniversary on Dictionary.com.
2. Anniversary | Definition of Anniversary by Merriam-Webster
Anniversary definition is - the annual recurrence of a date marking a notable ... the full definition for anniversary in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
3. 2 Synonyms & Antonyms for BIRTHDAY | Thesaurus.com
Find 2 ways to say BIRTHDAY, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, ... See definition of birthday on Dictionary.com.
4. Anniversary Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Anniversary definition, the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event: the tenth ... This Word! See synonyms for: anniversary / anniversaries on Thesaurus.com ... 1200–50; Middle English anniversarie (
5. The Difference Between 'Centenary' and 'Centennial' | Merriam ...
It's how we got many synonymous pairs with one word from Old English roots ... just as millennium means “a period of 1000 years,” and “a 100th anniversary,” ...
6. Anniversary definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
the celebrations of the anniversary of Christopher Columbus's discovery of America. Synonyms: jubilee, remembrance, commemoration More Synonyms of ...
7. Birthday Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
the festivities or celebration marking such a day or anniversary. QUIZ. ARE YOU A TRUE BLUE CHAMPION OF THESE "BLUE" SYNONYMS? We could talk until ...
8. ANNIVERSARY | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Meaning of anniversary in English · We are planning a dinner to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the company. · Tomorrow's ...
9. Bicentennial Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Bicentennial definition, pertaining to or in honor of a 200th anniversary: bicentennial celebration; a bicentennial exposition. ... ARE YOU A TRUE BLUE CHAMPION OF THESE "BLUE" SYNONYMS? ... Also especially British, bicentenary.
10. WEDDING ANNIVERSARY (noun) definition and synonyms ...
wedding anniversary Definitions and Synonyms. noun countable. UK ... This is the British English definition of wedding anniversary.View American English ...
What is an anniversary?
An anniversary is the date on which a particular event or milestone occurred in the past and is commemorated annually.
How often do anniversaries occur?
Anniversaries occur once a year to commemorate the date of an important event or milestone.
Where does the word 'anniversary' come from?
The word 'anniversary' comes from the Latin phrase 'anniversarius', meaning 'recurring each year'.
Are there any special celebrations associated with anniversaries?
Yes, typically there are special celebrations associated with anniversaries to honor or recognize the event or milestone that took place in the past.
Celebrating an anniversary not only serves as a reminder of a significant accomplishment, but it can also be an opportunity for those celebrating to feel grateful and appreciate all that has been achieved over time. Anniversaries are important markers in time that should not be forgotten nor taken for granted - they deserve respect and recognition!